As a project manager, you will inevitably be called upon to address ethical dilemmas. These issues are much more complex than simply deciding what is right and what is wrong.
In this course, you will explore the values underlying ethical decisions and behaviors as outlined in the PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. For each value, you will be introduced to the integrity aspired to, as well as the mandatory conduct demanded of project managers to effectively manage projects and further promote project management as a profession.
Topics covered include the behaviors that align with the core values of responsibility, respect, honesty and fairness; how to integrate ethics into your project environments; and how to resolve ethical dilemmas. The course provides a foundational knowledge base reflecting the most up-to-date project management information so you can effectively put principles to work at your own organization. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the PMI® certification exam.
This course was developed with experts in the subject matter provided by the International Institute for Analytics (iianalytics.com).
Please Note: This course is provided by a third party and requires an extra step to obtain the CPE certificate. Upon completion of the course, download your course transcript and go to certificaterequest.skillsoft.com to request the certificate.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between aspirational ideals and mandatory behaviors
- Recognize the aspirational and mandatory standards associated with responsibility
- Recognize the aspirational and mandatory standards associated with respect
- Recognize the aspirational and mandatory standards associated with fairness
- Recognize the aspirational and mandatory standards associated with honesty
- Identify ways project managers can integrate ethical standards into a project
- Identify ways to create an ethical multicultural environment
- Identify steps to take when addressing ethical dilemmas
- Demonstrate your understanding of how to resolve ethical business challenges
Estimated Course Duration: 55 minutes (1 CPE)
Delivery Method: Online Self-Study
Field of Study: Behavioral Ethics
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation/Prerequisites: None
Complaint Resolution Policy/Refund Policy:
For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please email us at [email protected].
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CREDITS
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: nasbaregistry.org.